Finance DirectorNew York
You (will) thrive on providing financial control and business strategy for a creatively-driven, service and production-based firm.
You are meticulous with numbers, thrive on entrepreneurship and are eager to develop and define the processes and systems that will ensure a sound business environment for our NY studio. Our Finance Director is responsible for financial operations, accounting, reporting, budgeting, tax and treasury functions in accordance with local statutory laws, US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Stink Group’s corporate policies. This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, so an eagerness to collaborate with agency leadership and the ability to maintain composure under pressure is a must.
What you’ll do
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements that comply with US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- Direct and execute month-end close process and ensure timely reporting of results and financial information both locally and to head office in London
- Collaborate with Managing Director on annual budgets, variance reports, cash forecasts and ad hoc financial plans
- Define and enforcing revenue policies, profit recognition processes, and project reporting
- Establish and maintain expense and cash controls, working capital management, debt collection and supplier payments
- Assist with commercial negotiations in relation to project finances, fee negotiations and fee rates
- Review and improve systems for project profit recoverability
- Manage banking, insurance and other key finance relationships
- Manage external auditors and resolve issues proactively to mitigate audit findings
- Assess and manage tax, accounting, legal and regulatory implications of business decisions to ensure all issues are considered and addressed
- Provide finance support related to business expansion and development outside of the US
- Communicate at all levels of management and articulate ideas and propositions clearly
- Support global finance initiatives to improve performance, productivity and overall work quality
- Manage and develop finance and administrative staff
- Manage employee benefits including payroll, health insurance, onboarding new hires
This position requires at least 7 years of experience in Finance Operations or Accounting and will report to the New York Managing Director with a dotted line into our London based CFO.
New York Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job