Senior Accountant / Production AccountantNew York
You're an up-and-coming financial professional who thrives on details and enjoys working in a laid back, creative environment.
The Senior Accountant will be based out of New York with primary responsibility for New York and Los Angeles financial operations, accounting, reporting, budgeting, tax and treasury functions. The Senior Accountant will be expected to handle traditional accounting functions from journal entries up through monthly and year end closings, but also provide guidance and support on operational efficiency and strategic items such as key performance indicators. This position will report to the company’s Finance Director in New York. This role will have growth opportunities in terms of responsibilities and title.
What you’ll do
- Preparing accurate and timely financial statements that comply with US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- Directing the month-end close process
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, internal labor allocations, GL formatting
- Enforcing company financial policies
- Establishing and maintaining expense and cash controls, working capital management, overseeing debt collection and supplier payments
- Handling all production accounting duties; reconciliations, petty cash, union payments
Qualifications & Experience
- Significant experience of managing the finances of a medium sized professional services company, ideally in the marketing sector
- At least 4 years of experience in Finance operations and Accounting required
- Experience with production accounting preferred
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to be objective in difficult situations
- Strong systems knowledge (QuickBooks, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent planning, organization skills and business judgement
New York Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job