We’re looking for a 3D Generalist to join our team in London.
You are a talented 3D Generalist with a specialism in realtime 3D. You are perhaps currently working as an Artist at a specialist VFX company or game studio and are hoping to broaden your experience in a creative role that offers more crossover with interactive projects and emerging technology. You have experience using Blender or similar 3D packages and some working knowledge of After Effects, strong animation and modelling skills, and a refined aesthetic sensibility.
We are also happy to consider applications from recent graduates who demonstrate exceptional talent.
What you’ll do
As a 3D Generalist at Stink you will:
- Apply your specialist practitioner skills to a range of projects that extend beyond animation and visual effects
- Collaborate on prototypes, styleframes, and proof of concept exploration
- Present your own work with confidence and clearly explain your ideas
- Be an integral member of our team of designers, developers and producers, working together to create world class work.
- Work directly with clients, explain your thinking and help solve their problems
- Influence the way that Stink approaches the creative process – we’re a relatively small team that’s always looking to improve the way we work
- An exciting portfolio of projects
- Artistry and an eye for detail
- Willingness to provide a strong creative point of view
- An open mind and interest in working in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a structured, professional manner
- Strong time and project management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
The following skills are highly desirable
- 3D modelling skills for both hard-surface mesh modelling and organic sculpting workflows
- Retopology for low resolution assets
- Optimised UV unwrapping
- Texture baking from high-res meshes
- Model rigging
- Weight painting
- Model animation to at least an intermediate level
- Experience developing procedural textures using tools like Substance Designer
- Texture painting using modern tools like Substance Painter
- Familiarity with PBR Metallic workflow and asset generation
- Familiarity with optimisation for low resolution textures
- Asset export and troubleshooting FBX and GLTF
- Experience preparing assets for use in WebGL
- Experience of integrating assets into Unity or Unreal engine and experience working with material configuration, lightmap baking and other in-engine scene configuration tasks.
Pension plans & matching
Professional development funds
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job