Senior front-end developerLondon
Become part of a world class technology team
You’re a proficient web developer who is enthusiastic about producing high quality code, learning new technologies and pushing the state of the art on the web.
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS, graceful degradation and progressive enhancement
- Familiar with modern build tools, e.g. NPM/Yarn, Webpack, Babel
- Able to effectively debug and profile code using Chrome Developer Tools
- Ideally have experience with React.js, Redux and GraphQL
- Comfortable collaborating with other developers using Git
We don’t have any hard requirements on previous experience, but we will need to see a meaningful amount of your previous work. Ideally you can share some recent projects on GitHub.
What you’ll do
You will work as part of the development team in our London office to conceive and build interactive experiences, with a focus on front-end development. The role encompasses everything from R&D and prototyping through to robust implementations of large scale interactive experiences.
- Building prototype concepts to demonstrate and test approaches
- Producing neat, tested, readable and well documented code
- Ensuring your code works well and integrates cleanly across all targeted platforms
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with creatives, visual designers, motion designers and developers
How we work
We’ve standardised on React.js and we have a good standard build setup using modern best practices, so we can focus on building the more interesting stuff.
- Make use of all the lovely stuff in ES2015 / ES2017 / TypeScript
Stylelintto catch common errors,
Prettierfor consistent formatting
- Continuous Integration (and often CD) using CircleCI
We tend to have a small team dedicated to each project, so you don’t have to worry about juggling multiple projects at the same time. We organise tasks into sprints using our issue tracker, and always reserve extra time for QA.
We do all of our development in-house – the whole team is in the same office.
We’re very proud of our development team and we try hard to ensure they have everything they need to work effectively and grow professionally.
Aside from the benefits available to the whole office (Friday 3pm finish etc.), the development team enjoy:
- Dedicated quiet working area for developers
- Monthly “devcon” where everyone can share what they’ve been working on and any learnings
- Monthly team lunch (one with just the dev team, and another with the whole office)
- Library of programming books available for anyone to borrow
- Attend relevant conferences without using your holiday allowance
Pension plans & matching
Professional development funds
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job