An experienced Strategy Director with an extensive background working in a creative advertising studio.
You are a creative and strategic thinker, have a positive can-do attitude and work well in a constantly evolving environment. You enjoy leading client engagements, forming and growing trusted client relationships. You have a mindset that sees how all the moving parts fit together, with a knack for spotting trends and interpreting evidence into effective and creative solutions. You make the complex simple.
As a key member of the London leadership team, you have expert knowledge of managing teams and building long term client relationships. You deeply value relevance, and understand how current trends in culture, technology, and business impact our creative decisions and output. Our Strategy Director is emotionally intelligent, passionate about discovering the root and solution to problems, a strong and empathetic mentor, and charismatic communicator.
If you’re ready to roll your sleeves up, partner closely with amazing clients and help shape the future of a small, independent creative studio that cares about great work, let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Lead the delivery of our large clients projects and work streams across our most significant accounts;
- Conduct and define the approach for research activities, including but not limited to: brand/content audits, competitive and landscape analysis, stakeholder interviews, quantitative and qualitative research and facilitating internal/external work sessions and focus groups;
- Understand our audiences, their needs and advise clients on the best ways to reach them across different channels and platforms;
- Distill and translate research into strategic insights across presentation decks and creative briefs;
- Articulate strategic findings within a creative narrative, balancing the emotion of storytelling and qualitative insights with validating metrics and quantitative research;
- Your use of research, data and insights will enable the team to be their most effective throughout the creative process;
- Reliably manage multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously;
- Work closely and collaboratively with Creative Leadership to empower teams with relevant and concise insight, while also nurturing the strategic thread throughout the entirety of each project;
- Play an active role in Stink Studio’s culture, by contributing with new tools, fresh thinking and help implement internal initiatives;
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4 working as a Strategy Director
- An exceptional ability to get to the heart of an idea, the crux of an insight and the core of a problem. You should be persuasive and articulate, helping Clients to challenge their status quo;
- Expert understanding across both traditional advertising and digital. You will work with internal and external partners to understand different media approaches across digital, social, PR, commerce, experience and technology;
- Expert knowledge and quick ability for synthesizing research and distilling into actionable insights;
- Understanding and experience within these Strategic roles: creative brief development, brand development, defining objectives and correlating KPIs, audience research: implementation, synthesis, distillation and creative concepting;
- Strategic, tactical, and creative while remaining detail-oriented and process-focused;
- Planning, prioritising, and managing your workload across multiple projects and clients;
- Excellent oral and written communication and charismatic presentation skills;
- You are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the social ecosystem at large, understand best practices, and how to create social strategies that achieve businesses goals, helping brands understand and leverage their potential;
- Works well in a collaborative environment and contributes to the team’s ideas;
- Strong leadership abilities and ability to achieve a shared vision with the team and client through collaboration;
- Passionate about keeping up to speed with trends and innovations in culture, technology and creativity;
- Though you are well-versed in campaign Strategy, we would love to hear about your experience with other forms of strategy: Customer Experience, Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy, UX Strategy, or Digital Strategy.
Pension plans & matching
Professional development funds
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job