Director of Business DevelopmentLos Angeles
A results-driven business development leader with proven experience establishing and cultivating relationships with compelling brands in the Los Angeles area.
You possess a nuanced understanding of how to leverage creative companies as effective partners to leading brands on the west coast, and importantly, convert those relationships into business opportunities. You are equal parts strategic thinker and organized manager of details. You're highly motivated and thrive working independently day-to-day as part of a larger network of Studios across The Americas. Your approach to building new business relationships is a far cry from sales-y and slick. It is smart, strategic, more about listening than speaking, and you make it a priority to understand the nuances of a business and what clients are looking for in a potential creative partner. Strong communication skills are critical, so you are someone who is articulate, maintains professionalism (while still being yourself) and has no issues building credibility and trust with senior leaders one-on-one or in a full room. You thrive in pitching situations and can point to several past examples where you’ve diligently converted new business prospects into viable client opportunities for creative agencies.
What you’ll do
- Lead a new business function that feeds business predominantly into the Los Angeles Studio
- Understand and articulate the nuances of Stink Studios’ global service offerings and how The Americas is uniquely set up to service client needs
- Establish and enhance awareness of Stink Studios’ positioning and services
- Develop and manage an outbound strategy that is focused on high impact, digital and creative transformation with leading brands
- Lead and execute business development opportunities, as part of a wider partnership with Director of Brand, Director of Business Development in SF, and CEO
- Cultivate long-term strategic partnerships amongst senior leadership at prospective and current Los Angeles and Pacific Northwest based clients
- Effectively incorporate and brief Stink offices and teams at key moments
- Deliver results that support global and regional growth and sales goals
- Continually enrich one’s knowledge of the digital, creative and cultural landscape
- Travel approximately 20% within the US
This position requires at least 5+ years experience in a dedicated client services and/or business development role within a creatively driven company and at least 2-3 years within the Los Angeles market.
Los Angeles Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job