Technical DirectorLos Angeles
You are a creatively-driven Technologist who will provide leadership across every aspect of technology in our LA studio.
The Technology Director is responsible for providing insightful direction on projects and pitches, as well as leading our development team. You’re a swiss army knife of technical experience, capable of conceiving and building best in class interactive experiences. You’re a strong communicator that can both empathize and amplify conversations, getting everyone excited to push work beyond expectations. You might not be a specific specialist anymore, but you make sure all the work you touch is special.
What you’ll do
You’re a veteran programmer. You’ve been in the trenches, and know the realities of what it takes to get things done — you know a red flag when you see one.
You’re a master translator of technology with the ability to communicate complex ideas to audiences both expert and novice.
You’re a front to backend internet expert with a deep working knowledge of our typical technology stack. You use this knowledge to inform project architecture and are able to be hands-on when required.
What you know how to scope:
- Infrastructure and devops on AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Language agnostic backends + CMS
- Modern frontend development (Webpack, Babel, ES6, PostCSS etc.) using React.js as our core framework
- Web standards and accessibility
- App Development — Native and Cross Compiled
- Physical computing and interactive installations
Where you may specialize:
- Large scale web platform builds
- Unity3D or Unreal
- OpenFrameworks or event installations
What you’ll do:
- You’re a strong leader with good intuition and operate with a team mindset.
- You effectively mentor and develop all members of the technology team, informing and supporting areas of growth and development.
- You demonstrate gravitas and the ability to cultivate trust-based relationships with project teams and senior clients.
- You lead and direct multiple projects across the Studio at the same time, from pitch to delivery, while also generating repeat business and/or new revenue streams.
- You proactively anticipate, identify and solve tech-related problems related to projects, infrastructure, and internal tooling.
- You interact and act as advisor for technology practices or view points amongst the Studio's senior leaders.
- You push new technology to educate the larger Studio outside of project work.
- You find ways to incorporate new technologies into the development and execution of creative ideas.
- You develop or oversee Proof of Concepts, Prototypes, and tools for internal teams.
- You are equally hands on and hands off of the development process to best enable the success of the team/project.
- You comfortably adapt an approach in real-time to ensure a winning outcome, regardless of the situation or dynamic.
- You educate peers on how to anticipate possible issues by forming easily identifiable criteria.
- You proactively create documentation related to general infrastructure and project details.
This position requires at least 10+ years experience (at least 2 years in a similar role), preferably in a production company or agency environment. When applying, please include links to projects and ideally your GitHub profile.
Los Angeles Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job