Technical Director (San Francisco)Los Angeles
A creatively-driven and progressive technologist who will operate as a leader of their craft in our burgeoning Bay Area studio.
You’re a front to backend internet expert with a deep working knowledge of web technology stacks. You are equal parts systems architect and creative problem solver. You are bored by the idea of working on the same codebase day in day out and are excited by trying new technologies and platforms. You’re completely confident in architecting, building and deploying anything to the web. While possessing expertise in complex coding and programs, you’re a master translator of technology with the ability to communicate complex ideas to audiences both expert and novice.
You feel at home being the sole full-stack developer on a project and operating as a member of an interdisciplinary team. You’ve been in the trenches, which means you understand the realities of what it takes to get things done and recognize a red flag when you see one. You use this knowledge to inform project architecture and lead teams, but are able to be hands-on when required. You’re a creative contributor that sees creative and technology as two sides of the same coin. You’re as comfortable selling ideas as you are making them come to life.
What you’ll do
You will be working as the sole Technology leader of our burgeoning Bay Area Studio, with support from our Los Angeles and New York Studios. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and serve as the backbone of our digital work.
- Manage 1-3 projects and pitches at any given time, varying in scope and complexity and work directly with client teams to help execute against desired business objectives
- Work closely with Creative to push work beyond expectations
- Continually push for creative excellence, best-in-class web standards and accessibility and educate colleagues and clients outside of project work
- Execute large scale web platform builds and work in programs such as WebGL, Unity3D, Unreal Engine, OpenFrameworks
- Anticipate, identify and solve tech-related problems related to projects, infrastructure, and internal tools
- Inform project scopes, timelines, and resources
- Keep current with Content Management Systems, modern frontend development (Webpack, Babel, ES6, PostCSS etc.), native and cross-compiled app development, and physical computing and interactive installations
- Develop proof of concepts, prototypes, and tools that demonstrate and test approaches
- Produce neat, tested, readable and well documented code
- Partner with back-end engineers to build elegant, secure and scalable backends
- Maintain a familiarity with one or more server-side languages, with a working knowledge of other languages, as well as whole web stack, from server OS to client browser
This position requires 8+ years of experience in a creative environment. When applying, please include links to projects and ideally your GitHub profile.
Los Angeles Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job