Financial ControllerNew York
You're an up-and-coming financial professional who thrives on details and enjoys working in a creative environment.
You are meticulous with numbers, organized, thrive on entrepreneurship and are eager to develop and define the processes and systems that will ensure a sound business environment for our fast-paced New York studio. You have an eagerness to collaborate and the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
You have a minimum of four years of experience managing the finances of a medium sized professional services company, ideally in the marketing or entertainment sector. You have exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to be objective in difficult situations. You work efficiently on your own and collaborate well with others.
What you’ll do
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements that comply with US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- Direct and execute month-end close process and ensure timely reporting of results and financial information to Financial Director
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, internal labor allocations, and GL formatting
- Enforce revenue policies, profit recognition processes, and project reporting
- Maintain expense and cash controls, working capital management, debt collection and supplier payments
- Assist with commercial negotiations in relation to project finances, fee negotiations and fee rates
- Manage banking, insurance and other key finance relationships
- Manage external auditors and resolve issues proactively to mitigate audit findings
- Assess and manage tax, accounting, legal and regulatory implications of business decisions to ensure all issues are considered and addressed
- Communicate at appropriate levels of management and articulate ideas and propositions clearly
- Actively participate and drive continuous improvement initiatives and special projects
- Oversee benefits including payroll, 401K, health insurance plan and troubleshoot on behalf of existing employees
- Manage employees' benefit questions, employee files, including 401(k) activities, and address related employee concerns
This position is based out of New York and requires at least 4 years of experience in Finance Operations or Accounting. This position reports to the company’s Finance Director in New York.
New York Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job