Group Creative Director, Brand (USA)New York
A seasoned creative with a track record of excellence and leadership in the world of brand design, campaign development, and content creation.
You are a seasoned creative with a track record of excellence and leadership experience in the world of campaign development and content creation. Ideally, you also have experience with social campaigns and/or brand design, at least laterally. You are equal parts a leader and a practitioner: the idea of building and guiding a creative team excites you, but staying close to the work is equally as important and energizing. You have a keenly developed aesthetic sensibility, an understanding of the many ways in which a strong concept can live or die in execution, and a healthy allergy to marketing jargon and industry bullshit.
You foster jovial, upbeat working environments, but set high standards for taste, output, and process. You have a strong understanding of culture, emerging technologies, and developing platforms. You are a compelling presenter and communicate effectively, whether that’s with your most junior team member or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. You see the commercial success of a business as equally as important as its creative output. You’re pragmatic, and have a healthy perspective about your work as it relates to the world. People enjoy working with you, and you enjoy working with people.
This position is to lead our U.S. creative team. Interested applicants must be based in New York or Los Angeles and be legally permitted to work in the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Lead our campaign, content, and brand design output;
- Lead, inspire, and motivate a creative team made up of exceptional designers, art directors, filmmakers, writers, and campaign thinkers;
- Maintain personal relationships with creative team members, set out actionable growth plans for professional development, and work towards creating a more equitable environment for all creative staff;
- Innovate our working process and teach creative team members at every level to work smarter and achieve better results than ever before;
- Play an instrumental role shaping Stink Studios’ creative output and reputation in the U.S.;
- Act as a key partner with the rest of leadership to architect a company that sacrifices neither creative excellence nor business health;
- Pitch on new business and help deepen our relationships with existing clients;
- Work seamlessly with our Strategy discipline to integrate any research findings into the creative process and end product;
- Help decide team resourcing across projects based on individual skill sets, availabilities, and other business considerations;
- Maintain an outward-facing presence in the industry for Stink Studios that attracts new talent and clients by championing the meaning and impact of our work and occasionally represents in various trade magazines, conferences and award shows;
- Initiate new ways of working across time zones, and create cultural moments — both IRL or in a distributed work environment — that are socially and professionally constructive to team dynamics.
10-12+ years creative experience across a combination of agency, studio, production company, or in-house, as well as 4+ years in a Creative Director role.
New York Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job