Senior DeveloperNew York
Stink Studios is looking for a US-based Developer to join our team.
You love technology. You love to read about it and you love to discuss it. You think beautiful, maintainable code and beautiful, moving presentation are the baseline of any project you work on. Your skills and experience mean you know a lot, but don’t act like a know-it-all. You crave a new challenge to grow in, and want to have real influence and impact on how you and your teammates think about and implement technology.
You are an experienced self-motivated developer, with expertise in modern frontend web technologies and workflows. You have built and owned parts of an application at every point in the stack and are as comfortable working in the shell as you are with polishing perfectly recreated design and motion in the browser. You have participated in different development workflows, and understand when some of them are applicable and when they are not. You are a capable and motivated communicator, who is always available to help those more junior than you and ready to learn something you hadn’t seen before. You are aware of your limitations, and have the war wounds that taught you to always give prudent estimates. You embrace personal growth.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the technology team in the Americas alongside other developers, designers, producers, art directors, writers, UX designers and strategists;
- Serve as a lead developer working on a wide range of projects, ensuring project code is kept to a high standard;
- Collaborate with the tech team to ensure coding best practices are clearly documented and up to date;
- Stay up to date on new technologies and participate in continual learning, helping colleagues with granular development problems;
- Clearly communicate time estimates, scope, and constraints in order to creatively problem solve and achieve desired goals;
- Audit design and UX from a logical standpoint to anticipate potential problems;
- Comfortably work with other major backend languages (i.e. Python, Ruby), in the shell, infrastructure concepts (global delivery, load balancing, etc.), web design tools and how to precisely recreate design in code.
This position requires expert knowledge with frontend technologies (including React, React frameworks, modern CSS, etc.), modern development workflows, node.js and solid knowledge of hosting platforms (GCP, AWS, Netlify, Vercel, etc.), CI/CD tools and concepts, GitHub and other major development platforms, vanilla HTML/JS/CSS web stack, software engineering concepts as applied to web development. Must have some experience with PHP frameworks / wordpress.
Must be able to share relevant, recent projects on GitHub and provide examples of your code that you’ve actively contributed to.
New York Benefits
Professional development funds
Subsidized health, dental & vision care
Friendly, talented colleagues
Does this sound like you?
for this job